From landscape to hardscape

With the significant part of my backyard taken by the new accessory dwelling unit ("ADU"), pretty much everything had to be redesigned for new drainage flows, irrigation, and greenery. I am still not 100% sure what it will look like (haven't started that part, yet), but one thing I know for sure: NO MORE GRASS!!!

I got rid of my front lawn a few years ago and could not be happier (about that), but I still had most of the backyard taken by the lawn and it was driving me nuts. I'm a fan of the nature and all, and I love the smell of the freshly cut grass, but I am really tired of dealing with grass-related issues: weeds, insects, grubs, etc. I will still have trees planted along the fences. And there will be a vegetable garden (my mother-in-law needs one). But as far as grass is concerned, we're done, baby! Adios! Arrivederci! Auf Wiedersehen!

NEXT: THE PERMIT

PREVIOUS: THE PICKING GAME

FIRST: INTRODUCTION

Comments